The Let’s Speak BO Webinar series that began in the winter of 2015 just recently concluded its third straight year of bi-weekly Business Intelligence Webinars with a fantastic close. Adam Lange, with A. Lange Consulting, lead a jam packed session dedicated to all of the new things our BusinessObjects community can expect when upgrading to BI 4.2 SP6. From Administrative enhancements to reporting feature releases, our SpeakBO listeners received a wealth of information to consider with their BusinessObjects investment moving forward into the New Year.
For me, it has been a privilege not only hosting the Let’s Speak BO webinar series for three years, but also forming relationships with the vast BusinessObjects community worldwide. Some of my favorite emails and calls have been with devoted listeners expressing gratitude and excitement for the free educational offering, which seems to be quite unique these days in the space of SAP BusinessObjects information sharing when it comes to the original core BusinessObjects toolset.
Here’s a look at some of the topics hosted in 2018 that viewers found very helpful to not only improve their personal work with the tools, but also inspire decision making when it comes to upgrades, looking into third party solutions, leveraging the existing platform and all of its features, assisting group training within organizations, and more.
This year we hosted a variety of topics for BusinessObjects Administrators. The topics include:
- Understanding the Audit Database
- A Crystal Report Migration to the Cloud Case Study
- What’s New in SP5 for Administrators?
- Best Practices for Utilizing the Promotion Manager Tool
- BusinessObjects Deployed in the Cloud
...and of course the latest and greatest with the recent release of BI 4.2 SP6.
Inspired by our listeners, the Let’s Speak BO webinar series has put together a new lineup of Administrative topics for 2019.
- Customizing your BI Launchpad for Global Branding and Organization Synchronization
- Discovering the Administrative Management Tool in Web Intelligence
- A Migration look at Converting Desktop Intelligence Reports to Web Intelligence
…and much more!
The World of Web Intelligence in 2018:
One of the most requested, well attended, and popular topics among the BusinessObjects community seems to remain that of the well-regarded reporting tool- Web Intelligence. This year on Let’s Speak BO, we put together more topics on Web Intelligence for our listeners than ever before. And still, they cannot seem to get enough.
In a single hour, our viewers received fantastic deep-dives into topics like:
- Developing Dashboards within Web Intelligence
- Advanced Report Formatting Techniques
- Visualizing in Webi Based Upon your Data by Utilizing the Expanding Chart Options
- Cool Features and Tricks to Apply When Developing Reports
- Leveraging Excel in Newer and Better Ways as the Driving Data Source to Webi
…and so much more!
The topics didn’t end there.
This year we had fascinating case studies and new topics on:
- Integrating your BusinessObjects Environment with Other Solutions Like Tableau
- How to Develop a SAP Dashboard Template Solution Within an Organization that Cut’s Costs and Saves on Time
- Applying Self-Service Business Intelligence Concepts to an Organization to Improve Work Productivity and User Empowerment
As a listener myself to these amazing sessions, I have learned a lot about where the community of BusinessObjects is in regards to educating themselves and wanting to improve upon their usage of these fantastic tools. It inspires me to further my relationships with individuals and organizations, large or small, out there who are inspired to grow within their investment by continuing to learn about these tools, and more importantly, help others within their organization expand their reaches by learning and educating themselves as well.
To conclude the year, I would like to thank a special few of our listeners who shared countless calls and emails with me chatting about their experiences with BusinessObjects and sharing their story on how they lead educational sessions and webinars of their own, inspired by our bi-weekly webinar series. Or how a professor of a prestigious university has his students not only listen live to our webinars, but then write papers or conduct group projects on what they learned, to better prepare them for the real world.
These stories, I personally get to leave the year with, have truly inspired what’s to come:
- 2019’s Line up of Webinar Topics
- Open Format Discussions
- Live Q&A’s
…and brand new customer case studies that I hope you all continue to enjoy and benefit from.read more