Did you miss our March 15th webinar Tips and Techniques Used to Convert SSRS Report to Web Intelligence? We have a quick summary of the webinar with the webinar presenters’ key takeaways from their session.
Here is the webinar overview:
When faced with the challenge of creating a new Web Intelligence report based on an existing SSRS report, there are no magic utilities available but we came up with a method that worked well. This included using the SSRS report query to build new BO universe, using Custom Calculation Contexts in the Webi report and using hide and filter techniques to match output from the SSRS report. In addition, we Improved data accuracy in the Webi report compared to the original SSRS report. This case study presentation will show how we achieved this.
Key takeaways from this session:
- When faced with the challenge of creating a new Web Intelligence report based on an existing SSRS report, there are no magic utilities available but you can develop a method that will work.
- Have a strong understanding on how to use both the Universe Design Tool and the Information Design Tool.
- Webi variables are very flexible and they are your friends when developing webi reports.
- Have a strong understanding on how to configure both Webi tables (via Format Table) and Webi Document Structure and Filters.
- Have a strong understanding on how to use and configure Custom Calculation Contexts in Webi
Don’t forget you can stream this webinar in its entirety as well as ever other Let’s Speak BO webinar we’ve hosted when you are logged in on the site. It is completely free to join!
Join the conversation
You must be logged in to post a comment.